So You Have A Showing.....
A home that shows well can make the difference!!
1. From The Curb
A buyer make their first impression of your home the moment they arrive at the curb. This is why it's important to make the outside of your home just as good as the inside. Some things to consider before a showing are:
- Cut the grass in the summer - shovel the walkway in the winter.
- Have windows cleaned.
- Have a clear driveway.
- Empty the mailbox and remove any old newspapers.
2. The Inside
Now that you have made the outside tip top, It's time to move inside. Inside the house is where the little things matter. You want to keep the buyer focused on the house, NOT the things in the house. Here are some tips to help with this...
- Cleanliness is key! A dirty house can give a buyer the wrong impression.
- De-clutter. Clutter can be very distracting. It's hard to get an idea of the living space when there are toys everywhere.
- State of the floors. Get your hardwood in the best shape possible with a little polish, vacuum those rugs and clean your carpets!!
- Clean up your pets. Clean the litter box, Pick up poop!
- Fix it. Now is the time to fix all those repairs that you've been putting off.
3. The Extra Mile
Now you've got the basics covered, you can always go that extra mile. Try these:
- New pillows, rugs, towels. This can help make the home feel new and fresh.
- Play soft quiet music in the background.
- Create pleasing smells. Fresh baking is always good.